In office: Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
About Jewel Paymentech
Jewel Paymentech is a financial risk technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to develop intelligent risk solutions for the banking and electronic payments industry.
Our suite of intelligent solutions help banks and payment facilitators conduct merchant due diligence and manage transaction fraud risks using predictive analytics.
We also offer automated solutions to large merchants such as marketplaces, to identify illegal and counterfeit goods as part of their KYC process. We have also been named by SWIFT as one of the most promising FinTech companies in Asia.
Develop features across our KYB product range (server-side as well as client-facing) to deliver industry leading solutions
• Develop software solutions by working with various stakeholders to determine end user needs, study system interactions and data flows, designing and building integration APIs, and investigating problem areas by following the software development lifecycle
• Maintain a focus on the needs of our customers
• Provide in-depth engineering support (debugging, performance optimizations, etc.) during the rollout phase to customers
• Perform peer code review
• Mentor and grow junior developers
• Proactive, positive thinking and strong desire to build better software
BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
4 or more years of relevant work experience
Strong experience with the following technologies: Python, Flask, Django
Has experience working with Docker, Ansible script, Travis/Jenkins
Have experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases, such as Postgres, MongoDB, ArangoDB and Neo4J
Ability to work as part of a team - both in the context of the Development team, as well as with the greater organization as a whole
Excellent time management and highly motivated
A team player that’s a strong communicator and ready for action
Comfortable working in a startup environment
Strong interest in technology (or fintech!)