Hybrid work from Belgrade:
BlueCat is one of those hidden gems that is disrupting the market as a key player in the rapidly growing space of Adaptive DNS. We harness the power of DNS to provide secure, centralized network infrastructure to some of the world’s biggest brands so that employees can access the computing resources they need, when they need it.
BlueCat has an award-winning culture that is embedded in what we do. We are certified as a Great Place to Work and joining our team would mean that you are part of Canada's Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Today's Youth and Women, and Best Workplace for Mental Health and Inclusion.
We are looking for a Python Developer!
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Translate requirements, specifications, and technical design documents into secure applications and/or services
· Work closely with Integration Engineer/Integration Architects to implement/develop solutions
· Drive the design and implementation of highly scalable and available distributed custom customer solutions
· Research, prototype, and develop new solutions to a wide array of complex system design challenges
· Participate in critical component design and advise on strategic technical direction
· Recommend new technologies to ensure solution scalability, maintainability, and quality
· Participate in sprint and code reviews and software release processes
· Experience with SDLC e.g. development, testing, signoff, deployment, support.
What We’re Looking For
3+ years of software development experience leveraging the Python language. Our tech stack is based on Python.
Proficiency in web frameworks and RESTful APIs, as well as core Python fundamentals and programming. Experience in code packaging, release, and deployment.
Experience with Python frameworks such as Flask is preferred. However, candidates with experience with Django framework will also be considered.
Nice-to-have experience in react.js.
Nice-to-have experience with ElasticSearch, Neo4j, and other document/graph databases.
Practical experience working with containerization and container orchestration, such as Docker. Nice-to-have experience with Kubernetes.
Good working experience with CI/CD.
Nice-to-have experience with messaging queues such as RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.
Fundamental understanding of DNS, DHCP, and networking is a plus.
Understanding of complex Linux environments and applications.\n
We’ve got you covered:
Our benefits cover your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and a great company culture. We have a strong culture and live our values every day. We believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, have fun.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks for you to enjoy!
Professional Development Budget
Wellness Days + Wellness Week
Lifestyle Spending Account
Employee Recognition Program
If you’re as excited about the future of our company as we are, we would love to hear from you!
BlueCat is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. BlueCat will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.