Offshore Monitoring Ltd is a Cyprus-based R&D company working in maritime technology development. We are part of a consortium of companies that specialize in developing the future of maritime technologies and scientific research. We develop emerging technologies with an aim to transfer them to the maritime sector and convert them into practical platforms for the shipping industry.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning / Computer Vision engineer who has strong Python experience in commercial scientific software development. Our ideal candidate will also have experience working with PyTorch and/or Tensorflow and experience of training computer vision algorithms such as YOLO. Experience working with cloud infrastructure (eg AWS), SQL databases and Linux servers is not essential, but would be very much of interest to us!
This is an amazing opportunity to join the R&D team shaping the future of autonomous shipping within the EU.
Location: This position can be 100% remote or hybrid within Cyprus, EU. Please note that our R&D team are based within the EET time zone, and we are only recruiting team member that will be online for core hours EET +/- 1 hour.
- Design, implement, review, and improve automated pipelines for model training and evaluation
- Study, analyze, and evaluate state of the art in machine learning and computer vision linked with the ongoing projects, and propose new, innovative, efficient solutions
- Design, review and run experiments to evaluate and improve model performance
- Manage the ML data and processing pipeline development and deployment processes
- Keep track of simulated / real data input requirements w.r.t generalization and data diversity, and to cover edge cases
- Collaborate with other members of the technical team and end-users to explore data driven solutions for problems in our internal pipelines and product features
- MS / PhD qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, less qualified but highly experienced candidates will also be considered
- 3+ years of professional experience working in the domains of Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Computer Vision
- Experience of building and maintaining data pipelines for ML applications
- Experience of working with Python and ML libraries such as PyTorch
- Strong multitasking, analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail and excellent organizational/time management abilities.
Nice to have:
- Programming experience in C/C++
- Experience in working with software infrastructure based on Linux/Unix, GitHub, cloud-based setup, CI/CD best practices
- Working with HPC / GPUs.
- To facilitate our innovative environment, we care about maintaining a positive culture and balancing hard work with employee well-being. We offer hybrid and/or remote work models, flexible schedules, travel to EU team meet-ups, and above-average vacation allowance.
Find out more about how amazing it is to work with us by visiting www .offshoremonitoring .com and apply today!
Offshore Monitoring Ltd embraces diversity and equality for all it's employees. We are committed to building teams that represent a variety of cultural backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we work together.
Please note that the common language of the company is English, so we ask that you are able to interview, send a CV and cover note, and then work with colleagues in English.
Interested candidates should forward a CV and cover note to:
https: // osm. bamboohr. com/careers/30